Mar 23, 2010

Holden Keith Sorensen

Teanna and Cole on Sunday morning, getting excited!

At 3:18 on Sunday afternoon, Holden was born with a little push on Jen's belly and a little suction on his head. He came out whole, healthy and cried for about 3 minutes. And other than that, he's been content to just sleep, eat and dirty his diaper. He was 7 lbs, 6.1 oz and measured at 20.5".

It's been really nice. Until today, when the doctor snipped the tip. He came back screaming and for the first time, we didn't know how to comfort him. As his dad, I was incredibly concerned about how much pain he was in. The doctor told us - "He didn't cry when we gave him the numbing shot, or during the procedure. It was after we were done when the nurse decided to suction out his nose that he started screaming."

Now it all make sense! He's a man's man, but just don't touch his nose. He might get mad.

Enjoy the pics:
Prepped and ready. I'd make a great doctor!


Jen's all ready too. I love her shower cap in this picture!


Hello Mommy! I'm heeeeeere!


The nurse kept telling me to get the money shot. Not sure why it's the money shot, but Holden sure ain't shy...


What's amazing is that the doctors are still sewing Jen up and she's smiling!


Our first family picture together.


They both love him. For now. We'll see when we get home!

8 comments:

Steve and Larae said...

Yay!! Congratulations guys! Can't wait to meet him! Great grandma and great grandpa came home last night bragging about how cute their newest great grand baby is. :)

Brittney said...

YAY!! Congrats you guys! I love all the shower cap picts, Jake the commentary was awesome!

Pace's said...

A super congrats to ya! He is a great looking kid all covered in white nasty crap. I just want to know why you didn't "man up" as his dad and do the snipping yourself?? We are excited to meet him!

mary said...

Oh, what a great nephew ;)
So cute guys, and I for one am glad that Jakey didn't do the snipping.

Unknown said...

congrats jake! cute cute kids!

Pat & Donna said...

Congrats!
so happy for you and yours!
so happy! a beautiful baby boy!

POP ROX said...

Congrats! He's so cute! I feel so lucky that I got to meet him in person at Tar-jey. Fabu! I hope you are all doing well & I will have to bring you guys over some yummy grub when I get back! By the by, this is Laura & I am just signed in under my Dance Blog account. My apologies. :)

Susanna said...

Congrats on another adorable baby!!! You guys have beautiful children.