Jun 8, 2009

San Diego Day #3

I think day 3 was, by consensus, the best day we had. We drove up to the San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido. For those of you ever considering a trip to San Diego, I highly recommend the Wild Animal Park - before the Zoo or Sea World. It was fun. You can take a safari ride, you get to see more animals, and I didn't feel like it was as crowded. And the drive through beautiful Escondido valley is amazing. I loved every part of it.

Here's some memories from that day:

Cole in a giant fake nest. It took us a while to convince him to come out.

Cheetah in repose. We got to get pretty close to these guys. They were awesome.

This lioness was kind enough to pose right next to the exhibit glass. You don't fully appreciate how large and how scary these animals are until you see one up close.

After we spent a couple more hours on the beach.

Cole's got all the poses and coy looks of a supermodel. I wonder if there's ever been a red-headed one.

Yup. Those guns are real. So's the farmer's tan. This was while we waited to grab a quick bite to eat at Jack-in-the-Box. Not recommended. Ever. Even if it's the last fast food joint on the planet. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Really. I didn't look near this dashing after we ate.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I actually liked the Jack-in-the-box but I really did not enjoy In-n-Out Burger. To each their own! I am glad you guys are having fun!!

Sorensens said...

How Fun, I love seeing what you guys are up to and looking at pictures of those cute kids. It looks like you guys had a great time. Love Jen

Spencer and Sara said...

Whats your other hand doing in your muscle shot? Faker.