Jun 8, 2009

San Diego Day #2

It's only a couple weeks late, but here's some highlights from our day at the San Diego Zoo. (I'd give it 2-3 stars out of 5. It wasn't my fave. I think our kids were still a little too young and it was pricey beyond belief. But still a good time.)

This is really like one of two shots I have of Cole. This is right after he pooped for the first time on vacation. Finally! He was so relieved that he subsequently fell asleep and then slept most the day. Until we took the bus tour and he kicked me in the sweet spot the whole time...

Which could lead to this expression, except that we took this picture and the one of Jen below earlier in the day. I think I make a pretty good howler monkey. I've got the physique.

Jen's just way too cute to be a howler monkey. She does give the monkey a nice hair-do though.

Here's Jen's parents struggling to climb on the gorilla statue's back. I kept waiting for some little kid to walk by and say (you must read this in an innocent little kid voice - like the Simpson's neighbors - for the full effect), "Mommy, what are those two monkeys doing?"

Sibling love. Isn't it beautiful? This is right after I changed Cole and before he fell asleep.

Jen spent half the day taking pictures of the plants. I thought this shot was pretty cool. Who knows, she may grow up to be a wildlife photographer. She captured the picture of the two monkeys earlier and then this...

I have no idea what exhibit Teanna is in front of, but I'm pretty sure it's monkeys. That's almost all there is to see at the San Diego Zoo. Birds and monkeys.

1 comment:

Pace's said...

We had a lot of the same experiences. Except for the crapping part, Braxton has that down pat. One day I need to show you the picture of Chloe and the monkey statues. It is a little inappropriate for the web. Braxton the whole time complained that he wanted to see the alligators, and when we finally got there he said, those aren't alligators!" It looks like you had a good time though!!!